Training for the ACA as an Independent Student

      No Comments on Training for the ACA as an Independent Student

Whilst many candidates for the ICAEW ACA qualification secure placements in the programme through a job, others choose to do it independently if they cannot find the correct placement. If you still want to start the process of qualifying as an ICAEW official chartered accountant, there are options to register as an independent student. The modules will be the same, including 3 years of on-the-job training and a number of exams over this period of time. Not all employers are ICAEW authorised for training and professional development, so the right employer needs to be found before work experience can begin. 


Independent candidates who want to become chartered accountants London need minimum requirements to register as ACA students. There are no formal entry requirements to complete the first six modules of the ACA which is the ICAEW Certificate in Finance, Accounting and Business (CFAB). Students who wish to register for the ACA as a whole are required to have at least GCSEs in English and Maths between an A* and C, as well as two A levels. These can also be in international equivalents.  


To register as an independent student, an online form must be completed and submitted. Once accepted, candidates can begin their studies and take examinations. There are a wide range of resources available to support the training such as a student support team, an online student community, past exam papers, the latest syllabus, regular magazines, newsletters and more.  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *